Doug Walker is an actor, comedian, and producer popular on Nostalgia Critic, a comedy web series that ran on YouTube. After starting on YouTube, Walker later switched to his own platform, That Guy with the Glasses, and later Channel Awesome, before reappearing on YouTube. Through his various appearances, Doug has become very popular with his fans. Here is everything you might want to know about him.
Doug Walker Bio – Age
This guy with the glasses, or nostalgia critic, as he is popularly known, was born the son of a father who was a naval officer. He was born Douglas Darien “Doug”. Walker on November 17, 1981, in Naples, Italy.
However, he was raised in the United States. Considering the fact that his father was a military man, his family was constantly on the move. As such, he did not have what one might call the most stable childhood. He has an older brother, Rob Walker, who also appears in the videos of the nostalgia critic as The Other Guy.
For his education, the comic star attended the University of Northern Illinois, where he majored in Communications. What he studied was filmmaking.
Soon after graduation, Douglas Walker began shooting his videos and uploading them to YouTube. His videos differed from most other things that were made, not only because he captured movies in 5 seconds with his 5 Second Movies, but also because of his Nostalgia Critic, in which he discusses movies and other things. Essentially, the show is about criticizing and making fun of movies from the past. Besides criticizing movies, the program also reviews animations and cartoons, as well as various things like games and other things from the past.
According to this, he started to have some problems with the platform because YouTube kept bringing down some of his videos because of copyright infringement. Because of this, he left the platform for Thatguywiththeglasses.com, which is now called Channelawesome.com.
Doug Walker’s Wife and Mother
While it is his brother who had a lot to do with his shows, his mother, Sandra Walker, also had something to do with it, although not in a professional sense. She was born on December 17, 1947, and died in her sleep on September 8, 2016. Beyond that, there is not much information known about her.
The guy with the glasses is married to Robin Poage. Although it is not known how long the two have been together, they have been together as man and wife since their marriage on June 15, 2012.
Robin Poage was born on November 6, 1983, in Lombard, Illinois. She is a social worker but has also acted as a dubbing artist in several episodes of Ask That Guy with the Glasses. She was also mentioned in Boldly Flee, where she was much appreciated.
The couple now lives in Naperville, Illinois, and it is not known if they have a child yet.
Quick Facts About The Comedian
1. Although he has seen and reviewed many films, Doug Walker said the worst film he came across was The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987), while the best was the 1985 film from Brazil.
2. It started with That Guy With the Glasses and lasted until 2014 when it turned into Channel Awesome.
3. Although he was forced to leave YouTube due to some problems, he has since returned to the platform with its various channels.
4. The nostalgia critic and YouTube channel Channel Awesome have a huge fan base with over a million subscribers and more than half a billion video views.
5. In early 2018 there was speculation from fans as to whether Doug had called Channel Awesome closed. But then, as it will turn out, while he is very present, it was Channel Awesome that faced some challenges with regard to accusations of sexism and sexual abuse.
6. If you are wondering how tall he is, he is standing at a height of 5 feet 10 inches (1.79 m), but his full body measurements are not known.
7. He has also worked on many other programs, including as the author of Demo Reel and the television series Pop Quiz Hot Shot, Shut Up and Talk, Anime Abandon, Bum Reviews, The Cinema Snob, Atop the Fourth Wall, and the television series documentary Disneycember.