Jaylen Brown has come a long way in a relatively short period of time as the star of the National Basketball Federation playing professionally for the Boston Celtics. With the 2016 NBA Draft, he joins the list of young and great basketball players like Jayson Tatum and a host of others. He has attracted a lot of interest as he has started 70 of the first 70 games he played for the Celtics in the 2017-2018 season. Here you can find everything you need to know about him.
Jaylen Brown Bio
Brown was born in Marietta, Georgia on October 24, 1996, and grew up here with a brother, Quenton Brown. An interesting thing about him is that he grew up in a family that is very interested in sports. For while his father is Marseilles Brown’s boxer, his older brother is a defensive player in American football.
He was raised by his single mother, Mechelle Brown, with the help of his grandmother. Although he continued to play during his childhood, the focus of his mother, who had a doctorate, was on his education.
For his education, the NBA star attended Joseph Wheeler High School, from where he went to the University of California at Berkeley. Like many other professional basketball players, he played the game while still in college.
Scout.com, 247Sports.com, and ESPN rated him a five-star recruit from the time he played in high school, while in college he was rated four stars.
Jaylen began his NBA professional career in 2016 when he created the 2016 draft and signed a contract with the Boston Celtics to work with the club for the next three years.
In the 2016-2017 season, he played 78 games and made 20 starts. Thanks to his efforts to achieve an average of 6.6 points per game, he was accepted into the NBA All-Rookie Second Team at the end of the season.
The 2017-2018 season was an even bigger season for him, as he scored double career highlights in his first three games: 25 points and 27 points respectively. Although he had to sit out for a few weeks due to a concussion, he became the youngest player in the Celtics to score up to 30 points or more. He scored 30 points against the Milwaukee Bucks and then 34 points.
Salary and Net Worth
Under the agreement he signed with the Celtics in 2016, Jaylen Brown achieved a $14 million agreement in the three years he would be on the team. His annual salary, which began at nearly $5 million for the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 seasons, will rise to over $5, 6, and 8 million over the next three seasons until the 2020-2021 season.
His current net worth is estimated at over $5 million. While much of his income comes from his sport, he has also earned a portion from sponsorship contracts he has signed with brands like Adidas.
Quick Facts About Jaylen Brown
- His father, Marseilles Otis Brown, was a boxing heavyweight who retired in 2016 after being a professional boxer since 1989. He is currently a boxing commissioner in Hawaii and an expert on health and well-being.
- While his mother lives in a suburb of Atlanta, his father still works in the boxing scene in Hawaii.
- His brother, Quenton Brown, born on April 4, 1992, has been playing for North Texas Mean Green football since 2013.
- The young NBA star represented the United States at the U-18 FIBA Americas, where he won the gold medal alongside the team.
- Although sport is his first love, he has not stopped learning. He studies things like philosophy and languages.
- Jaylen is a vegetarian.
- He is also an introvert and what many call a scholar.
- He has a YouTube channel, Jaylen Brown, which has over 15 thousand subscribers. He shows videos about self-help and motivation.
Height and body weight
Since it is the signature of most basketball players, they have it in terms of height and body weight. It’s no different from Brown. He has an athletic build that will help him succeed in almost any other sport.
He is 2.01 m (6 ft 7 in) tall and has a body weight of 102 kg (225 lb). What is even more interesting is that his brother also has a similarly great physique. Both brothers got this from their father, who stands with a massive 7 feet.