Julia Chow is Cantonese-American and one of the crew members of the Just Kidding Films (JKF) channel. She is the producer and mainly responsible for reading the articles and writing a summary for the other members. Julia is credited with playing a major role in the channel’s growth to over 1.6 million subscribers.
Just Kidding Films was founded by two like-minded individuals, Bert Kwan and Joe Jo. The duo takes a refreshing and revolutionary approach to comedy and founded their channel on the principle of promoting cultural unity using comedy as a vessel.
The station focuses on social, contemporary, and cultural issues. Today, the Just Kidding Films family tends to find a remarkable balance between stimulating and entertaining its audience.
ALSO READ: Rebel Wilson Weight Loss Journey, Age, Height, Siblings, Net Worth
In addition, the actors and crew create sketches and work on materials that reflect Asian-American culture and American norms, but in a comedic way, using satire as their tool. In addition, they report strange news from time to time, as they play and evaluate the game.
Julia Chow Bio
Julia was born on 26 March 1990 in California. Her sun sign is Aries. She is the youngest in a family of five. Julia’s artistic ability was one that her parents discovered in her at a very young age. She had this ability to use her hand to create something that she imagined. Interesting, isn’t it? They helped her refine her drawing skills by enrolling in classes where she began to explore the possibilities of the art world. She used to paint, pencils, and crayons to express her thoughts.
Before joining Just Kidding Films, she watched their videos. Of course, her contributions are too interesting to watch, and that’s all you want. The first video she watched was on the Korean History Channel. Her connection to the family, however, was through one of its members, Tommy Trinh, although he left in March 2016 to pursue formula art. Before they met, she had seen some of her sketches and had the thought that if she ever came across the JKF family, she would ask them if they wanted interns.
Then she met Tommy. After introducing herself as a big fan, Julia asked if there was a place for interns at JKF because she wanted to work with them. She worked as an intern and when she integrated herself into the company, she eventually became one of the crews. The achievement she felt when she was finally able to work in a company that she loves and does what she is so passionate about can be better imagined.
She has also starred in several other films, including Why the Holidays Ruin Friendship (2017), Star Wars: DIY Cosplay (2015).
Julia Chow’s Boyfriend
As mentioned above, Julia Chow became a member of the JKF family through her chance encounter with Tommy Trinh. Anyway, the duo started to meet but broke up in 2015, and Tommy is known for his work on Star Wars: DIY Cosplay (2015), Broken Rings (2018), and Gun Fu (2014).
He was born on January 30, 1989, in Torrance, California, and is half Vietnamese and half Chinese. However, he grew up in a Japanese community. He is currently employed as a cameraman at Formula Arts. Like Julia, Tommy was interested in the arts from a very young age, with a special interest in photography and film since the age of five.
He studied business marketing and advertising at CSULB (California State University, Long Beach), where he worked for Far East Movement and Wong Fu Productions. Timmy joined Just Kidding Films in 2011 after graduating college but left the company in 2016.
Facts To Know About The YouTube Star
1. Julia Chow is a sketch comedienne and a former JKNews host merchandise.
2. Her full name is Julia Nelly Chow. Nelly is the name of her father’s ex-girlfriend, and he likes the name, that’s why she was called that.
3. Her nicknames include Jules, Julie, Juju, Hoolia, J-Money (given to her by Joe Jo), Hoolietta, and J-Chow.
4. She is allergic to cooked spinach and mosquito bites.
5. Juliet used to have long hair, which she cut very short in 2016. Guess what. She looks gorgeous either way.
6. She has a personal Instagram account, xblueapplez, where she directs over 300,000 followers.
7. Her fans see her as smart, funny, sweet, fantastic, and kind of awkward.
8. She does not believe in love at first sight but in soul mates.
9. She is usually the quietest member of the group and sometimes stumbles over her words.
10. If there is one thing she would like to change about herself, if she could, it would be to stop being horrible around people.
ALSO READ: Lauren Simonetti Biography, Age, Married, Husband, Kids, Body Measurement
11. Julia Chow is often seen as the chick of the JKF group.
12. when she grew up, she described her father as easygoing and her mother as strict. A typical family environment, one would say. Her mother would tell her how much she needs a solid education and how much she needs to be smart, while her father would tell her: “Do what you have a passion for. And she certainly does what she has a passion for.
13. Julia Chow likes to help others and it makes her really happy when she sees that people are happy.
14. She decided to do an animation production because she wanted to be the bridge between the audience and the big boys (actors and crews).