On March 15, 2023, Kacy Banks was arrested by the Philadelphia Police Department in connection with the murder of Tarik Greene, a 28-year-old man who was fatally shot on February 22.

Greene was shot as he left a room at a motel on Black Horse Pike in the early hours of the morning.

According to a police report detailing the possible charges against Banks, he is believed to be responsible for Greene’s death.

Banks allegedly shot Greene as he left the motel room, intending for him to die before daybreak.

The shooting has received significant media attention and continues to be a topic of interest.

The murder suspect, Kacy Banks, is a 26-year-old man who was identified through surveillance footage.

The footage showed Banks shooting Greene as he exited a room at the Howard Johnson Inn, allegedly hidden behind a wall on the second-floor stairwell, at around 2:20 a.m.

The report also states that Banks reserved the hotel room.

Police responded to an emergency call around 3 a.m. the day of the shooting and found Tarik Greene.

He was later pronounced dead at a local hospital at 4:45 a.m., according to the prosecutor’s office.

In an obituary released by his family, Greene was identified as a Millville resident originally from Willingboro.

Kacy Banks has been charged with robbery, murder and gun misdemeanor in connection with Greene’s death.

The obituary did not contain much information about Greene’s family, other than to express their heartbreak and difficulty saying goodbye to their loved one.

It is also unclear whether he was married at the time of his death.

Since the shooting, more details about the suspect and the incident have come out.

A woman who had also left the hotel room with Greene told police that she and Banks lured men to the hotel with the intention of robbing them after they had sex.

The woman revealed that Banks and Greene had fought over the room, with Banks jumping from a second-floor balcony.

Banks then reportedly waited for Greene to leave the room and fired a single shot at him.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing and many details remain unclear. However, it is to be hoped that justice will be served in the coming days.