In this country, baseball is a game that is not known to be filled with drama both on and off the field, unlike what is achieved in most other American and Canadian top sports. However, this does not mean that something extraordinary or humorous is not happening on the field, or at least off the field, perhaps in the individual and family lives of the stars of 18th century English sport. One of those baseball players from whose quarters something previously unseen and unheard of is taking place is Brandon Mccarthy, albeit not entirely of himself, but together with his wife.
Would you like to know what really played? Read on and you’ll also learn about his contract, his injury and who his better half is, who shot himself to fame.
Before we get into the substance of this article, let us first find out who the famous sportsman is.
ALSO READ: What is Condoleezza Rice Best Known For, Who is The Husband, Net Worth and Full Bio
- Brandon was born in Glendale, California, on July 7, 1983.
- He went to school at Cheyenne Mountain High School in Colorado Springs, Colorado, which he graduated from in 2001, and then attended Lamar Community College, where he played for the baseball variety in the 2002 season, starting 12-0. He also helped the team finish third in the 2002 Junior College World Series.
- In the 2002 Major League Baseball Draft, Brandon Mccarthy was drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 17th round.
- Throughout his career, Brandon Mccarthy has played for the Texas Rangers, Oakland Athletics, the Arizona Diamondbacks, the New York Yankees, and the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Today he is a professional American baseball player who pitches for the Atlanta Braves in Major League Baseball (MLB).
- He not only plays baseball but is also a minority owner of a club in the United Soccer League – Phoenix Rising FC.
- Brandon is married to Amanda Mccarthy, and both have a daughter and a dog who share their home with them.
Who is Brandon Mccarthy’s Wife?
Brandon and his companion Amanda got married in 2010. On her famous Twitter account she described herself as a woman who has a Westie for a husband, she loves wine and food and also watches more baseball games than she should probably be allowed to.
But we will not leave you alone with this description of her. Using a more traditional approach, we found out that she was born on December 31, 1989, in Colorado Springs, Colorado, belongs to a Caucasian ethnic group, and has American citizenship. Her maiden name was previously Amanda Nelson.
She studied at Cheyenne Mountain High School in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and it was here that she met Brandon, whom she will later marry. She continued her education and attended college at the University of Arizona, where she graduated and entered the fashion industry as a model.
It wasn’t until 2007 that Amanda and Mccarthy met again in Arizona when the latter played for the Texas Rangers and the former was already starting a career in the fashion industry. In a pure atmosphere of love and admiration for each other at a romantic rendezvous that took place in December 2009, Brandon asked Amanda the question that many single ladies long for today. Her answer culminated in a wedding ceremony that took place a year later, on December 10, 2010. The rest is, as they say, history, but not in this ceremony.
What Made Amanda Maccarthy Famous?
The internet, especially social media and especially Twitter, where she had her own fair space of celebrity territory. Although her husband is not currently one of the top baseball players, she is also not one of the top models in the fashion and modeling industry. Amanda has over 37,000 followers, who have seen her tweets over 24,000 times, and especially the one who got Twittersphere excited about her comment on her husband’s injury.
Brandon Mccarthy’s Contract and Injury
After a Braves game against Washington on Wednesday, April 11, 2018, Atlanta Braves starter Brandon Mccarthy injured his shoulders at first base when he reached for a flip from the first baseman and stepped on the bag to play out. The injury was severe and he had to be taken out of play.
However, in a surprising reaction to the incident, his wife twittered “Wow, so much has happened”. You dislocated your shoulder, made the exit, pinched it again, and then walked around as normal? But you still can’t do the dishes… seems suspicious.”
ALSO READ: Nat Zang Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Find Out If He’s Gay
Well, the injury was not serious because it was a shoulder subluxation on his non-throwing shoulder. However, some people felt that Amanda’s position should not be viewed in a negative light, as she is known to be quite brazen at her post. She once tweeted to her husband, “@B__McCarthy Happy birthday babe! Happy birthday… your balls have gone a little limp today.”
Well, there you have it, it was all in fun, but as expected, the Netizens couldn’t let such passages pass unattended.
Throughout his career, Brandon Mccarthy’s entry fees have been on the rise, though not so erratic or so high that a team bringing him on board to break a bank would justify. After his move from the New York Yankees to the Los Angeles Dodgers, he signed a four-year contract with the Dodgers worth $48 million, which included a $6 million bonus and an annual salary of $11.5 million.
- Brandon and Amanda Mccarthy graced the front page of ESPN’s 5 March 2012 “Analytics Issue”: The magazine.
- Brandon strikes and throws with his right hand.
- He has played for a total of 7 MLB teams, including his current team.
- Brandon’s wife is an active member of the A-wives of Oakland, where he is involved in charity work.