Jay Chou is a multi-faceted Taiwanese entertainment personality who has distinguished himself as a director, record producer, singer, film producer, actor, and musician. Chou began his career in the entertainment industry in 2000, the same year that he released his debut album, Jay.
Since the Taiwanese leader came into the limelight, he has released one compilation album, fourteen studio albums, and five live albums and has written and performed over 150 songs.
As one of the best in the Asian entertainment scene, Jay has also written as many songs for his Taiwanese singer colleagues and well-known artists overseas.
Jay Chou Biography (Age)
Jay Chou is the son of Yeh Hui-Mei, a secondary school music teacher, and Chou Yao-Chung, a biomedical researcher. He was born on January 8, 1979, in Linkou County, Taipei County, Taiwan, Republic of China.
He grew up in Linkou, Taipei County, and attended Tamkang Senior High School, where he studied piano as a major and cello as a minor. His parents divorced when he was 13 years old, which led to his introversion.
In his flourishing career, the King of Asian Pop has brought home four World Music Awards. He is also famous in the following regions: Hong Kong, Mainland, Thailand, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Australia, and the United States.
Jay Chou has a book entitled “Grandeur de D Major” under his name. He has also been a spokesman for mega brands such as Motorola (2006), Panasonic (from 2001 to 2015), Pepsi (2002 to 2007), Levi’s (from 2004 to 2005), Deerhui (since 2003), Colgate (from 2004 to 2005), Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002) and many others.
Jay Chou’s Wife and Daughter
Jay Chou is married to Hannah Quinlivan, a Taiwanese model, and actress. The two lovebirds got married in 2015 in a three-phase wedding ceremony, which was blessed by their family and friends.
The first phase of their wedding ceremony took place in Selby Abbey in England on January 1, 2015. The second ceremony was held privately in Taipei on February 9, 2015, and was open to her family and friends. The final part of the colorful ceremony took place in Australia in March 2015.
The relationship between Chou and Hannah was made public in November 2014, although the two had been together since 2010. Chou sealed his love for Hannah in December 2014 when he publicly announced that he would marry her on his 36th birthday. A birthday would marry her. As expected, the singer kept his promise, as their wedding took place the day after his birthday.
Before her marriage, Jay Chou’s wife was a saleswoman in a clothing store at Jay, a clothing store in which her husband invested around 2007. The prominent couple welcomed their first child, a beautiful girl named Hathaway, in July 2015, while their second child, a boy named Romeo, was born in 2017.
According to Jay Chou’s wife, her daughter’s name is a combination of Hannah (Quinlivan) + thaw (melt) + Jay (Jay Chou) = Hathaway. She has blonde hair, just like her mother.
Chou’s wife, also known as Kun Ling, was born on August 12, 1993, in Wanhua District, Taipei, Taiwan, as the daughter of a Taiwanese mother and an Australian father. She had her secondary education at Juang Jing Vocational High School and also attended the New York Film Academy, where she studied film production and acting for eight weeks.
Jay Chou’s wife began her career in 2008, running on the catwalk for various brands and appearing in numerous films, television series, and music videos. The actress has a half-sister and an older half-brother who is descended from a Korean father.
Height & Other Facts About The Singer
1. He is 1.73 meters tall, which’s is 5 feet 8 inches.
2. Jay Chou is an only child
3. Despite his busy schedule due to his diverse careers, Jay Chou still finds time to give something back to society. Since 2012, he has been the spokesman for a non-profit organization for children with intellectual challenges known as the Angel Heart Foundation.
Sometime in 2013, he organized a voluntary concert for the organization. Following the infamous gas explosions in Kaohsiung, Jay Chou also donated NT$2 million in 2014.
4. In 2011 he donated an appropriate amount of money after the 921 earthquakes that occurred in Jiji, Taiwan on Tuesday, September 21, 1999.
5. At some point in 2016, Jay bought the Taiwan-based Team Taipei Assassins. He renamed the team from League of Legends and Alliance of Valiant Arms to J Gaming.
6. Like a few celebrities, he is not a big fan of paparazzi. He dislikes public and media attention so much that he often wears hoods and baseball caps at every public appearance.
7. Jay learned to direct for the first time in 2004 through music videos.
8. He made his first film appearance in the film Initial D, which was released in 2005.
9. Growing up, his hobbies were magic tricks, playing the piano, and imitating TV actors.
10. As a child, Frédéric Chopin was his favorite composer and still is today.
11. He began his piano lessons at the age of four.
12. Before his meteoric rise to fame, he worked as a waiter.
13. After graduating from high school, Chou was called up for military service but was later exempted after being diagnosed with a hereditary inflammatory disease of the spine called Spondylitis ankylosing.