If you are a fan of “heavy metal” music and its preferences, then the name Zakk Wylde is by no means new to you. Over the years, Zakk has found a way to attract crowds and entertain millions of people. He has transformed himself from a child prodigy with the guitar to a sensational guitarist, songwriter, and actor.
Zakk Wylde was born on 14 January 1967 in Bayonne, New Jersey. Already as a small child, only 8 years old, he became interested in playing the guitar and started taking lessons. He was a child prodigy on the stringed instrument, and when he entered high school, he began to take his passion seriously. So much so that he was able to play guitar for 12 hours a day without interruption, which influenced him in school, but Zakk graduated from Jackson Memorial High School in New Jersey in 1985.
When he was 14 years old, he started working at Silverton Music, and his music career steadily built. Wylde started playing for local bands in Jersey. His first band was Stone Henge, then he switched to another band, Zyris. When he was about 19 years old, his big breakthrough came when he met the famous Ozzy Osbourne. Wylde had sent a demo tape to Ozzy, and at the end of a single audition, Wylde was hired by Ozzy Osbourne. He was the lead guitarist and co-author of Ozzy Osbourne’s band.
A year later he made his debut with No Rest for the Wicked. Wylde and Ozzy Osbourne continued their relationship until Ozzmosis in 1995. Before 1995 Wylde had formed a band, Pride & Glory, and they released a single album and then broke up. When he broke up with Ozzy Osbourne, he formed his own band, Black Label Society. In 1996 he released the now-classic classic Book of Shadows. Black Label Society as a tool to show his own artistic talent, which is very uncompromising.
In 1998 he recorded Sonic Brew and in 2000 the second album Stronger Than Death. Five years later, in 2001, Wylde was reunited with Ozzy Osbourne but continued to work with the Black Label Society. In the early to mid-2000s, Zakk Wylde and the Black Label Society released four albums – The Blessed Hellride, Mafia, Hangover Music Vol. VI and Shot to Hell. Further works followed over the years, including Skullage, Order of the Black 2011, Catacombs of the Black Vatican 2014.
Zakk Wylde Wife, Kids
Wylde is married to his wife Barbaranne Wylde, and the couple has four children. Hayley Rae, Hendrix, Sabbath, and Jesse. Ozzy Osbourne is Jesse’s godfather.
Zakk Wylde has been active for over 26 years, as such he has earned every cent he owns. In addition to his music, Zakk Wylde also supports several brands, he has a partnership with Blair’s Sauces and Snacks. He also advocates Deathwish Coffee in his social media. His net worth is 16 million dollars.
Height and Other Facts
Here are more facts about Zakk Wylde that you may not know:
- Interestingly, his birth name is not Zakk Wylde. It is Jeffrey Phillip Wielandt.
- He stands at a height of 6’2″.
- When he auditioned for Ozzy Osbourne, he was hired to replace Jake E. Lee, and the position he took was once held by one of his most important influences as a guitarist, Randy Rhoads.
- Wylde’s trademark is a Les Paul guitar painted with his famous Bully. It is known as “The Grail”. He lost the guitar in 2000 when it fell off a truck, but they got back together when a fan bought it in a pawn shop and sent it back to Wylde.
- He was close friends with Darrell “Dimebag” Abbott, the Pantera and Damageplan guitarist. The song “In This River” was dedicated to his memory.
- Wylde is a fan of the New York Yankees.
- Wylde was hospitalized in August 2009 and treated for blood clots. When he left the hospital, he stopped drinking alcohol.
- Wylde was voted “Most Valuable Player” in Guitar World magazine’s polls, three times in a row from 2003 to 2006.
- Zakk was included in the Hollywood Rock Walk of Fame.
- Wylde fervently upholds his Irish Catholic faith.