Scott Cawthon, an American video game designer, is causing a stir in the technology industry for his unique approach to the industry. He is most popular for the Five Nights at Freddy’s game franchise, as well as a number of other games such as The Desolate Hope, Chipper & Son’s Lumber Co, There is No Pause Button! and many others. Cawthon is indeed a delight to video game lovers scattered around the world and is a powerful force to be reckoned with in the competitive world of technology.
It is said that he began his career in the ’90s when he was very young. Scott created his first game of Doofas in a YouTube Livestream and then officially started to hand out his games in the early 2000s. After the release of RPG Max in 2002, he became part of Hope Animation, which is based on the production of Christian animations for children. While still associated with Hope Animation, Scott released one of his first videos, The Pilgrims Progress, based on John Bunyan’s novel of the same name. During this time he also made several independent films, including Noah’s Ark: Story of The Biblical Flood (2005), A Christmas Journey (2006), and The Jesus Kids’ Club (2010).
Cawthon then developed several games such as The Desolate Hope, Chipper, and Sons Lumber Co, There is no Pause Button, Sit’ N Survive, and gradually gained a high profile on the technical platform. His big breakthrough came in 2014 when he developed the video game Five Nights at Freddy’s, which was designed as a point-and-click survival mystery. The game was released on Desura in August 2014 after the player submitted it to IndieDB in July of the same year. The level of success achieved with the release of the game was never predicted by Cawthon. Five Nights at Freddy was a best-selling game with high odds and a huge commercial success. Following the success of the game series, Scott released a spin-off for Microsoft Windows in 2016.
Other Facts About the Video Game Designer
- The game designer was born on July 26, 1971, in Houston, Texas. He attended the Houston Art Institute.
- Scott Cawthon was on the verge of despair in the first days of his career. After the publication of Chipper and Sons Lumber Co and others, the game designer was massively criticized by the stakeholders at the time for exploiting the use of lifelike robots or animatronics for his game characters. Critics’ reviews were best received by Cawthon, and he even considered giving up the business of design.
- Cawthon made a full recovery after changing his approach and techniques and applying new strategies while developing his most successful design; Five Nights at Freddy’s. His new style was flawless and earned him great critical acclaim. Five Nights at Freddy’s became one of his most successful series, ranking high on the digital distribution platform and generating large sales. Highly motivated by its success, the game maker designed four sequels for the game and released them between 2014 and 2016.
- He published a novel adaptation for the game entitled “Five Nights at Freddy’s”: The Silver Eyes” in 2015. Two other books entitled Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Twisted Ones and an official travel guide The Freddy Files also followed in June 2017. The Freddy Files was a compilation of game tips, Easter eggs, and character profiles. In December 2017 Scott published a second travel guide called Survival Logbook, an activity book for children. The book contains a list of tasks, including grid drawing, activities to fill in the gaps, word search, and many others.
- Scott Cawthon is a devout Christian and is strongly committed to the values of Christianity. He is happily married to his wife, whose name is not known, and has two children with her. The Cawthon family lives in Salado, Texas.
Scott Cawthon’s Net Worth
We bet Scott Cawthon had no idea that he would make it so big with his passion. The game designer made a huge fortune with his business. From the FNAF franchise, Cawthon has made over $30 million from sales, promotions, views, and more. The talented player has net assets estimated at $60 million. Not to be forgotten are his books, which contribute greatly to his enviable financial status. Scott has sown and watered valuable seeds in the industry and will continue to earn from them.