Basketball, as we all know, is an interesting sport to watch and play. While the game has produced some very big names like Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kobe Bryant, to name a few, this article takes a look at the life and career of a player who is still in the process of slipping into one of the shoes mentioned above – his name is Jacob Evans.
Evans is an American professional basketball player who plays as a shooting guard for the Golden State Warriors. Jacob is intelligent and a player who knows what to do on and off the ball; anyone who has watched him play can attest to his sheer talent and quick thinking skills. Read on to learn more about this young star who is so fascinating and has so much potential.
Who Is Jacob Evans?
Jacob Evans III took his first breath on earth on June 18, 1997, in Jacksonville, North Carolina. He was born the son of Theresa Chatman and Jerry Evans. He also has two brothers named Dermarquis and Devin. Jacob had his high school education at St. Michael the Archangel High School, located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He played basketball with the school team and also helped them reach their peak in this sport.
When it came time to go to college, he decided to graduate from the University of Cincinnati, although he had received offers from other schools such as Houston, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Oklahoma State, Richmond, South Carolina, and UTEP due to his exceptional performance on the basketball court. Jacob was inspired by his mother to become a basketball player when she bought him a basketball as a gift when he was 4 years old. This is how he made the decision to become a basketball player.
He started to play so much at a young age that he fell for the game and began to perfect his skills. Jacob’s brothers also contributed a lot to the realization of his dream of becoming an exceptional player in the field of basketball. His older brother, Dermaquis, made it his duty to always encourage him and also made sure that he did not miss his training days. Today Jacob Evans is a rising star in the NBA.
During his college years, Jacob was an incredible all-around player and was among the players who reached the finals for the Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year award. He also received his first Team All-Conference Award at the American Athletic Conference in 2018. Jacob became the 52nd member of the 1000 Point Club of Cincinnati after scoring 16 points in the USF.
The 2018 NBA Draft came and Jacob was selected in the first round of the Golden State Warriors, which named him the 28th Golden State Warriors. In July 2018 he signed his first NBA contract with the Warriors and received the number 10 jersey.
Body Stats – Height and Weight
As you would expect from a professional b-baller, Jacob has a good height and physique. The basketball player stands at a height of 1.98 m (6 ft 6 inches) and weighs 95 kg (210 lb).
Other Facts About Jacob Evans
1. Apart from being active in the field of gaming, Jacob Evans loves to watch movies and his favorite musician is Lil Wayne. The athlete also says that he loves to hang out with friends and play video games.
2. He has a defensive disposition, and this helps him to be a good defender. Jacob Evans has a very strong step and the determination to get to the edge. He is very agile, and his agility combined with his large wingspan allows him to block opponents and prevent them from scoring.
3. Evans is an effective three-point shooter. He finished his junior season with a 37.0 percent three-point score.
4. He is also a very versatile player, so he can be used in any position as a shooter, goal scorer, or in defense.
5. Jacob is a very smart player who learns every day in the game and he tries to improve his skills every day as well.